About Me

Monday, September 15, 2008

You guessed it, more ebaying

First off Ron Cey. How can you not like this guy? He has one of the best nicknames of all time Penguin, has two of the most sought after RC's ever 72 topps High Number and 73 topps with Mike Schmidt, and was just fun to watch.

Photobucket

Next up is George Foster. Much like Jim Rice, you did not want to face this guy. Didn't he hit 50 one year?

Photobucket

I know these are numbered to 100, but they don't come up on The Bay very often. These are the Gridiron Badges Pro Bowl Jerseys.

Photobucket

Next is a Saturday Stars John David Booty. I just like these cards. Plus since very few of these will ever pan out in the pros, we can see them in the glory days.

Photobucket

Again, a card series I like. I remember when you could send away and get these. You had to include so many UPC's and a few dollars. They had these in 93 and 94 and I think Jimmy Dean had the Football version in 95. Nice little COA they sent with them.

Photobucket

Then we have a Jimmy Piersall auto. Sure they are sticker autos, but from a collector's standpoint, you cant beat these. The important thing to remember is that for the first 10 years I collected, an autograph or card of these old timers were impossible to get. Topps, Upper Deck, and Donruss have done a fine job on most of these cards.

Photobucket

1 comment:

night owl said...

Woah! That Cey card is nice. My all-time favorite player (see my blog nightowlcards.blogspot.com). He's one of the few autos I wouldn't mind having.

Liked Pedro, too.