About Me

Thursday, October 30, 2008

2006-07 Bowman Draft Picks and Stars Retail Box Break

Return Of the Killer Bees, no not Bonilla and Bonds but 2 boxes of bowman. The first box up is a box of 2006-07 Bowman Draft Picks and Stars Retail. This box was $20 or so and part of the 3 I got the other day. 24 packs/5 cards $2.99/pack. So retail is $72 a box. These are so not worth the retail. I hesitate to say they are worth more than a buck a pack. i don't know why the $1 a pack number sticks in my head.

Anyway, you get 1 chrome card per pack. One relic card per box. The chrome cards are nice, but the base cards are flimsy, black bordered hot mess of a release. They have a "silver" more like grey bordered parallel set /379 seeded 1:9, Golds 1:68, superfractors 1:28000, xfractor 1:74 and so on and so forth with relics and autos.

I got most of the base rookies including one LaMarcus Aldridge:
Photobucket
I got 3 of the "silver" parallels:
Photobucket
As far as the chrome go I did well over all including Brandon Roy, Chris Paul, and Kobe:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I did get one Xfractor, Sam Cassel. In 2006 I would have been psyched with the relic card i got:
Photobucket

None of the cards were damaged all that bad, some had some tiny nicks in the borders but I wasnt too upset with it. If you can find a box cheap of these, you might want to pick one up just to fill in your collection. A couple boxes should get you a set and there are a few good rookies.

No comments: