About Me

Monday, October 13, 2008

2006 Topps Update and Highlights Box

As in my previous post, I bought this box with a box of 2005 U&H. I have the same comments for this box as I do for the 2005. One of the main differences is that you get a Chrome box loader. Mine was numbered 130/599 Manuel Corpas:
Photobucket

These box loaders are a cool idea, maybe a pack of two or three of these would be even better.

Base Set: Another classic Topps set. Again pretty good photos. I would have to say my favorite is Jon Lester:
Photobucket
Topps made good use of this photo shoot including it in seemingly every release.

Gold /2006: Mets Dodgers Highlights, Gary majewski, BJ Ryan All Stars, Marlon Anderson, Jason Davis, Ichiro Putz Team Leader, Livian Hernandez, Stephen Drew and Ambiorix Burgos.

First Edition: I think these are seeded one per box. Mine was Jamey Carrol, Super, just super.

Home Run History, Bonds and Mantle: Useless, just useless.

Rookie Debut: These cards I like. Nice smooth design, they do not come off cheap like many of the other inserts:
Photobucket

All Star Jersey: Mark Loretta:
Photobucket

Again, I liked this box and it was relatively inexpensive. The downside is the corner damage on these cards. My Howie Kendrick had a bit of damage and I am not happy about it.

No comments: