About Me

Friday, October 17, 2008

2007 Leaf Rookies and Stars Retail Box

The other day I found a cheap box of 2007 Leaf Rookies and Stars Football on Ebay. 20 bucks shipped or something to the effect. Anyway, it arrived in the mail today and I immediately ripped it open. Each box has at least one auto or Memorabilia card. 24 pack/5 cards a pack. There are serial numbered rookies, parallels, etc.

The base set. Just about what you would expect. The design is similar to what other leaf products have been. I did pretty well on the star front: Manning, Brady, Roethlisberger, Favre, Bush. Very happy overall with the base set cards I received.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Although I didn't get any of the serial numbered rookies, I did get a subset of some type of rookies. Gotta say that I couldn't have done any better: Adrian Peterson, Brady Quinn, Marshawn Lynch, and JaMarcus Russell:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Inserts: The inserts are foil cards of various serial number. I received two of these. First, Braylon Edwards /500 on the right, and second, Calvin Johnson /1000:
Photobucket

These packs have blanks so some packs are much thicker than others. Just so happens the first pack I opened had the memo card in it. Patrick Willis /55 Football piece:
Photobucket
I like this card. Sure it is an event used ball, but the design and colors fit the card.

This was a pretty decent box for $20. I got all the rookies and stars one could ask for. I didn't get any big hits, but thats not what this was about. If I wanted those, I would have spent way more on Hobby and bought a couple of them. I will have another box of these on the way shortly.

One comment I do have is that I don't really like the faux action shot. Where the person is in action but cut out and put on a graphic background. What I like about topps is the field and court action shots. UpperDeck is a huge offender. I really liked the action photos of UD days past circa 89-93.

No comments: