About Me

Thursday, October 30, 2008

2008 Bowman Baseball Retail Box Break Review

As promised, here is the 2008 Bowman Baseball Review. Once again, this box was around $20 or so. 24 packs/10 cards/2 chrome/1 gold/1 auto per box. No pricing on the pack. Probably $3. Well in 2008, Bowman has once again gone for the Black Borders of Doom.

The top half of the pack was useless. The base set is shit. All the cards showed white on the borders. The card stock is super thin.

Photobucket
The next two cards are regular bowman rookies and first cards, the next two are chrome rookies, and the last is a gold card. The good of these packs is that the first cards and chrome rookies are in good condition and look nice. I am not going to bother getting into the cards as there wasn't anything of note. A lot of Class A, AA people that have as much chance to play a season in the majors as I do.

I got one blue parallel 1:32, no orange 1:65, 1 chrome base refractor 1:88, no Xfractors 1:188, no blue refractors 1:350, no gold refractor 1:1040, no orange 1:2075, blah blah blah blah.

My one auto:
Photobucket
Whatever. He is a Group B which is 1:305. So pretty rare. Well, sometimes I crap green, that's rare, but nobody wants that either.



I have nothing good to say about these. If one of the rookies hits, that is great, Yay. If not, who cares. I wasted $20. If these were $5 a box I might buy 4-5 just to see if I get any of the rare cards. Its like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere.

1 comment:

Motherscratcher said...

About the green crap...have you tried craigs list?