About Me

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

2 boxes 2000-01 Upper Deck Sp Authentic Basketball Box Break Review

I was spending time on the bay a couple weeks back and noticed a dutch type auction of 2000-01 Upper Deck Sp Authentic Basketball. This stuff is always expensive when it comes out, but I bid $35x2 and won both. Shipping was $10 or so. On to the review.

The base cards are very SP Authentic. The base cards are nice but it is hard to read the name. When I got to my fourth pack I started to just go through the pack backwards.
Back when kobe and Shaq were friends:
Photobucket
The cards are high quality, but they are nothing new.
The rookies go from being /2000 to /500 and auto'd. I got 3 in the two boxes all /2000. I was actually glad I got the Madsen as I am a Laker fan and he is so odd and awkward.
Photobucket
The inserts are one per box, very nice and I think I did pretty well with them. Good stars. Probably too many insert sets however.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Now for the main event, the autos. The auto are seeded 1:23 packs and are title "sign of the times". The Dual and Triple autos are seeded at substantially lower rates. The first box, I got 2 and the second I got one. I was happy with the Quentin Richardson but the others were rather lame, no offense players.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Why is the Richardson a Silver border and the other two are gold. Well I didn't notice this when I got it, but the Richardson is /200 and the Platinum version. The packs don't give odds on the Platinum it just says they are /200. The specs in the pic aren't on the card. The hard signed cards are welcome relief from the sticker things we get now.

So there they are. I didn't do too bad, but I didn't do great either. The /200 Richardson is a good pull and at $35 a box not to shabby. These boxes are flat out way over priced at retail, but fun to open if you get them cheap enough because of the possible hits.

No comments: