About Me

Monday, November 17, 2008

2007 Bowman Chrome Football Box Break the Second

I'll admit that I like the refractors and other stuff with Chrome, but my patience is running a bit thin with Chrome. I have mentioned this before, but I will once again state why. You get one auto per box. There are some good rookies like Lynch who is running wild in tonights game against the Browns, but there are tons of busts and "never were" rookies and, in chrome, I seem to get all of them. I realize that is luck of the draw, but these boxes at retail are pretty expensive. Again, perceived and actual value just aren't there when you see the rare cards such as blue refractor rookies and autos so cheap on ebay. Think about it. Find an ebay seller that has obviously busted a case or three of this stuff and spend $50 on singles and lots from that person and you will end up with much more than two boxes worth of plastic sheet and top loader quality cards.

Anyway Here is what I got. First the loader. Good idea, but maybe this should be an uncirculated auto and not just an uncirculated rookie /1079.
Photobucket
These are nice though and a set would be sweet.

The auto: Chris Henry
Photobucket
Rookies, Refractors and Stars.
Photobucket
Quinn and Russell
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Moss Xfractor and Steve Smith Blue Refractor
Photobucket

Does anyone think I am being unfair? Obviously I don't sell cards on ebay so I don't care about resale value, I care that by buying a box I get a decent return compared to buying singles. Remember when bowman had a dollar value guarantee? I do like opening boxes and knowing I'll get an auto, or do I? Other box breaks coming.

1 comment:

Captain Canuck said...

I love busting wax, an I love collecting, and completing sets... but I just can't pull the trigger on Chrome. Give me the regular cards any day.
And then I'll buy a superXXXrefractorrainbow and a few singles on the bay...