About Me

Monday, November 24, 2008

2007 Donruss Elite Football Box Break Review

I didn't start busting boxes until I started this blog. I thought that me just posting my ebay singles would bore the hell out of people. There are many brands and years that I have absolutely none of, and 1996-2007 Donruss products are included in that.

I looked on the invoice and I paid 47 shipped for this box. Two hits/5 cards/20 packs maybe 24, it doesn't matter.

The Base:
The base are almost the same as the 2007 Playoff Prestige except shinier. Compare:
2007 Elite
Photobucket
2007 Playoff:
Photobucket
Way to differentiate your products.

Inserts: Lots of inserts. These are nice cards, but there are way too many parallels and colors and everything else:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The Back to the Future set is really nice. One current star with one new "star". Sometimes that current star had one good year and that was it. The finish on all of these cards is really nice. I didn't notice any damaged cards, so that appears to be a new issue with Donruss products.

Rookies: The Rookies are /599
Photobucket

Hits:
Donald Driver /249
Photobucket
Yamon Figurs Rookie Auto Status 22/24
Photobucket
Nice card, but more sticker auto badness.
Yamon is listed as a WR, but he does more kick returning than anything else. He had 1138 KR last year and 424 this year. 171 PR yards last year and 128 this year. So not a bad rookie.

Its hard not to want to open boxes when you know you are going to get hits, but Donruss and leaf products are not for those on a budget. They seem to be better for people that have more money than sense. AKA ME. You are better off just buying people's hits on ebay. You will save yourself a ton of cash and you can get the cards you want.

1 comment:

Captain Canuck said...

another box for me to skip...