About Me

Sunday, November 23, 2008

2008 Topps Finest Football Box Break Review the Second

I have one more Finest football box coming after this one, and given what I have seen so far with these, don't be surprised if you see more. I also have 2 boxes of basketball coming as well.

The box ran $78 shipped (1 1/2 chrome boxes) or something like that. There are 3 mini-boxes/18 packs/5 cards per pack/ 1 Rookie auto per mini box.

Base: I like the base, nice looking cards, great finish, really high quality. No bent corners, they seem to hold up really well.

Rookie Autos: As I said above you get 1 Rookie auto per mini-box. Here is where Finest really out shines Chrome. Sure you might get 1 or 2 crappy autos, but your third will probably be ok. One thing to keep in mind is that Topps screwed up on the base auto rookies and "forgot" to sequentially number the autos. Only the base autos were affected. The press release tells you the numbering of each card. if you send them in, they write the number on the top of the card and send you a free pack of cards.
Photobucket
This box had all base autos. I thought about sending them seperately and seeing if that nets me 3 packs of cards. I am ok with these autos because I got a Forte and a Hart. Hart may not be doing much, but at least he was a star in college instead of a Damn Free Agent Rookie! (I'm looking at you Donruss). Just for fun here are the autos I got out of my first box:
Photobucket

Rookie Refractors: Three all /699. Its funny that the autos are more plentiful than the rookie base refractors.
Photobucket
Frankly, kind of crappy

Refractors:
Black /99: I got two, Bowe and McFadden. Not to shabby.
Photobucket
Green /299:
Photobucket
Blue: I might try to make a base set of these. I have quite a few now
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Regular: I got a few regular refractors
Photobucket
The box loaders: 1 Brady refractor /149, 1 Peterson /6??

Again, the Finest gives you much more value than Chrome. This box just made the difference even more pronounced since I now have a box that didn't have two low serial rookie autos and a 1/1 in it. Stop wasting your time with Chrome and look to get these boxes for $60-$80

1 comment:

houstoncollector said...

I definitely need to talk to you at some point about that donnie Avery AU and Andre Johnson :)