About Me

Saturday, November 15, 2008

2008 Topps Finest Football Box

I figured it was time for a big boy box break and started to hunt down some finest. I have opened a lot of chrome over the last couple of months. Well a lot for me anyway. Up today is a 2008 Topps Finest Football Hobby Box. Not just a mini box. I ended up getting this box of $74 shipped plus/minus a buck or two. People list these and do not make it clear whether they are talking about a master box or merely a mini box.

In each box of Finest football you get two box loaders:
Brady refractor /149, Peterson /629
Photobucket

In each mini box you get a rookie auto:
Donnie Avery Green Refractor /20, Tashard Choice Blue /30, and a Chad Henne Finest Moments Auto NNO
Photobucket
Needless to say, pretty happy with the autos.

Here are the base:
Not many highlights here.
Photobucket

Regular Finest Moments NNO insert set
Photobucket

Now sit back and enjoy the refractors:
Rookie Regular /699
Booty, Hart, and Simpson
Photobucket
Finest Moments Regular NNO
Photobucket
Blue NNO The Finest Moments Blue /299
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Green /299 The Finest Moments Doucet is /199
Photobucket

There was one other Refractor:
Photobucket
Didn't quite Catch the numbering on that.

Maybe if I take a second look:
Photobucket

still not sure, little fuzzy
Photobucket

That is my first 1/1 I have ever pulled. Its Terrance Newman, but I am ok with that.

This was a pretty sweet box over all. Can't complain about that Avery, nor the other autos. I got tons of refractors and the 1/1 is nice to have. I have to say that Finest blows Chrome out of the water. I would recommend saving your money that you would spend on Chrome and spend it on Finest. I paid about 2 Chrome Boxes worth for this finest box and I have two more coming. I was able to get all 3 for 70 or less before shipping. As far as I am concerned you get 4-5 boxes worth of chrome cards to one master box of Finest. Compare the refractors and autos you get. I also have two boxes of 08 basketball and one baseball coming.

1 comment:

Captain Canuck said...

I love it! A Cowboys box. Super Sweeeet! if I ever bought a box of that, I'd end up with a lot of Bucs, or Panthers, or some nonsense...
Love me some Cowboys!