About Me

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Second 2008 Donruss Threads Football Box Break Review

My second box of Threads arrived in the mail yesterday. Since I was out of town on bidness, I didn't get to open it until today. Let me start off with the interesting and good:

Darren McFadden /500
Photobucket
Limas Sweed, Jamaal Charles /500

Willis McGehee /50
Photobucket
Framed /50

An interesting card of Dallas Clark. Notice the writing on the bottom that says foil1
Photobucket

Then my precious shiny:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Notice the auto rookie free agent sweet! but what's that, something wrong with my precious?
Photobucket
The corner is very funked up, but that's not all. All of my precious shiny had really bad corners. Many of the base did to:
Photobucket

What's that you say? Something looks wrong on that framed rookie? You are right. Check out the name:
Photobucket
The paper is torn across the name. Good lord.

That's not all. Two of my Gridiron Kings suffered from bent corners as well: Mike Hart and Greg Jennings /250.

All in all around 30 base had damaged corners.

The box was a solid box as far as the hits go, but the quality control has some issues. The outside of the box was not damaged, the packs were in fine shape, and none of my jersey cards had a problem. Anyway, I guess all I can do is jump through Donruss' hoops and see what happens.

3 comments:

houstoncollector said...

I'd love to work out a trade for that Owen DAniels shiny. :)

stusigpi said...

Alas, it has a severly dinged corner and will be sent back to Donruss for a replacement.

houstoncollector said...

I can wait, if you happen to get the same card back. :D