About Me

Friday, December 26, 2008

2008 Upper Deck Masterpieces Football Box 2 of 3

Box 2 of 3

The Base Set: I got 5 doubles in this box including Joe Flacco. There are worse doubles to get:
The Snow Plow Game:
Photobucket
That strip was in one of the packs, but I didn't receive a miscut card. I have gotten that before in a pack of 1987 Donruss Baseball. Except in that pack i got a severly off center Will Clark. At the time I was pissed because that was a valuable card.
Kellen Winslow Sr.
Photobucket

Black Parllel: I got Four including Jack Lambert

Red Parlallel /199
Limas Sweed
Photobucket
As a Rams fan, I was stoked to get this card. My Dad, Brother and I are lifetime Rams fans and watched the Super Bowl together. The last play of the game and what would turn out to be THE GREATEST TACKLE EVER:
Photobucket
Can you imagine how proud this guy's defnesive coaches were/are?

Blue Parallel: Mario Manningham /75. I think this guy may develop, we will see, however since I have a ton of his cards, I doubt he will.
Photobucket

The Jerseys: Reggie Bush and Jamaal Charles. Can't complain:
Photobucket

The Auto: Tom Rathman.
Photobucket
Many of you may have no idea who this guy is, but he was a beast. His stats don't show it at first glance, but note a couple things about him. First, one lost fumble in his career. One in 544 rushing attempts and 320 receptions. Second, his average yards 3.7 rushing and 8.4 receiving. This was a short yardage 3rd and 3, 4th and 2 type of guy. He wasn't a featured back, but he was a perfect role player. Again as a Rams fan, I hated him. He killed them. So yes, I am happy with this auto.

1 comment:

Captain Canuck said...

always hated the niners... but Rathman was a good player...
and that Sweed card has always bothered me. His head is too big...