About Me

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Out of control shipping.

I recognize that I spend way too much time trolling the bay, but I have noticed a trend over the past week or two. Shipping charges on a single box of cards running $10-$12. These boxes are very light and shouldn't cost that much to ship at all. In addition, there are flat rate priority boxes that you can stuff 3-4 of these boxes in yet some people still charge an extra $5 per box.

I'm not sure which is worse though. Two weeks ago I got a box of 07 basketball finest that I paid $8 for shipping and the jackass sent it parcel post. Still haven't got it. It took him 4 or 5 days to ship it and then sends it by pack mule. Really? You couldn't put it in a priority box? Charge me an extra .50 or whatever.

There is a fine line between way over charging for shipping and charging enough where I get it within the 2-3 weeks.

1 comment:

Captain Canuck said...

Living in Canada, I've been getting screwed/raped for years on S+H. Consistantly people charge $10-$20 for shipping on boxes when it only costs $7or $8...
whatever...