About Me

Friday, January 2, 2009

2008 Donruss Threads Baseball Box 2 of 3

This is my second box of Threads Baseball. Donruss does a great job of showing the pie in the sky and then partially delivers. There are patches, jerseys and autos galore. Here is the Sell Sheet. As you can see there are plenty of goods available in this product.

1 box/24 packs/5 cards. I paid $52.95 shipped. These are dropping in price on the bay. DA. Big T. Blowout. Ebay Finished. Ebay current.

The Base Set: The set is fine, I have no inclination to build one because I have never been a prospects guy. I am not a big Bowman fan at all for Baseball. Too many busts to waste my money on. The chances of getting the auto black xfractor of the hot rookie are so slim that you could just pay the $100 or $200 for it and come out ahead.

The Hits:
Autos. I got 3
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Rick Porcello /300 I don't know much about him, but I think he is a good prospect.
The uh Jersey/Relics:
Kurt Russell. I like Russell. One of my favorite movies is The Best of Times with Robin Williams and Russell. It is cheesy, but Russell really sells that he wants to win that damn game. I think this piece is Suede.
Photobucket
The main draw for this product for me is the Rose stuff. I have a Rose auto ball (in person auto), Jersey (in person) and Photo (In person). I have been hoping to pull a patch or an auto. Those are the cards I envision when I am opening the packs. Guess I will have to settle for a Rose Jersey /100
Photobucket
I was super excited. Its single color, but how often do you actually pull a card that you buy the product for? Not very often. This is damn close.

Very happy with this box, but take away the rose and it is ok. Not really worth the money.

9 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

I would've sacrificed a small child for that Tyler Flowers auto up until a couple of weeks ago....

stupid Frank Wren.....

stusigpi said...

Traded to Pit? Anyway, that is another reason why I don't follow prospects.

Captain Canuck said...

traded to ChiSox for a washed up #5 starter (Javier Vazquez)

Justin said...

Any chance you would want to work a trade for the Porcello? I love my Tigers. Who are your vintage or new favorites?

stusigpi said...

Let me check my Beckett. Ok,Im kidding. I collect almost all the retired guys. Football patches and autos and things like that. Do you have a photobucket album I can look through?

RWH said...

These boxes can be so frustrating, especially if you're not much of a prospector. Congrats on the Rose, very cool card.

Cardboard Addiction said...

It's hard to belive that Porcello is only numbered to 300. I think I've seen it 10 times this week in auctions!

stusigpi said...

One guy has an auction for two of those Porcellos.

I just busted another box an hour or two ago. One card saved the box. It was the 5th hit.

Justin said...

Shot you an email with a couple photobucket links. Maybe, there will be something for ya.