About Me

Sunday, January 4, 2009

2008 Upper Deck Masterpieces Baseball Box 3 of 5

Box 3 of 5

The Base set: As it turns out, I got one double in this box. That means the other two boxes I got were collation errors. I got 6 SP's.

The Parallels: I am actively pursuing a set of these black framed parallels. As soon as I get some time I am going to go through and see what I need.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Red: Derek Lee
Photobucket

Blue /125 Arod
Photobucket

Jersey: The Big Hurt
Photobucket

The Auto: Joe Nathan
Photobucket

The autos seem to be selling well on the bay with good resale prices. If you get any type of star, you can pay for 2/3 of your box. I still think that Upper Deck should have gone 2-3 jerseys per box like in 07. It doesn't quite seem to be enough with 1 auto and 1 jersey given the cost of the box. In contrast with Donruss that gives you up to 4 sometimes 5. The donruss products are sticker autos, but there are more packs per box as well. Maybe an extra $5-$8 at retail to give an auto and a jersey or two extra jerseys.

No comments: