About Me

Friday, January 2, 2009

Customer Service from DA Cardworld

Normally, I expect great service. If someone is in business to provide a product and thus the service that goes along with it and I pay, they should just provide the service. I shouldn't have to bug them etc. If you notice my glass is half empty, and my dinner isn't there yet. Bring me another one.

We all make mistakes though. I have ordered around 3k of stuff from DA since September, but this particular order was only $60 some odd dollars. In addition this is a super busy time of year. Holidays, people spending cash they got for Christmas or Hannakuh.

Anyway, I placed my order, but at the bottom of the email I specified a different address to have the order shipped to. DA shipped the cards to my regular address. I don't even see this as an error on their part. Its quite possible that he didn't see that address. I sent the Accounts Rep an email and he redirected the package this morning. Here is why this is a big deal. The Rep went out of his way for a small order. Plus 3k in 4 months is not a huge account for them anyway. It would have been easier for him to tell me to ship it myself or refuse it and they would forward it when the package arrived back at DA.

It sounds silly that the last two options would even be options, but trust me, I have gotten answers like that. In addition, I think the redirect/intercept costs the shipper money, it may not.

Anyway, I thought this was quite the effort on the part of DA and an example of the type of customer service you can expect from them. No, I'm not being paid or given free or discounted product for this.

4 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

I love DA... only problem is they want $20-$25 shiping per box! Ouch. That's usually more than the crap I'm wanting to order...

stusigpi said...

Per Box? Good lord. I know somebody that paid $70 to ship a webcam to Peru as a gift. Never got there because they had to pay a customs broker more money to get it into the country? Lame. Aren't there any canadien distributors? Hmm I can't seem to find any.

Captain Canuck said...

Jeff, you need to become a canadian distributor. Buy the boxes, drive across the border, and mail them.

Let me know... I have friends...

Captain Canuck said...

on the plus side though... they actually will take the time to allow me to give them money...
Blowout and others won't even give me the time of day...