About Me

Sunday, February 22, 2009

2007-08 Upper Deck Basketball Retail Box 2 Break

This is the second free box that I got for free from DA Cardworld for my Last Order.

Again, the collation was excellent on its own, but as you can see, the star rookies were doubles fromt he last box:
Photobucket

The inserts really run together, but I did get a local guy, Aaron Brooks:
Photobucket

My gold card was a Big Baby:
Photobucket

The Jersey: From a collector and Laker fan perspective, this is great
Photobucket

That's what high end stuff does to us, it makes us not appreciate nice cards. I would have been over the moon with the Bynum jersey 8 years ago, now many consider this a junk hit.

Overall, this is a really nice set albeit weighed down with far too many inserts. I guess that's why I like masterpieces is that the inserts all have a common theme whereas here it seems that upper deck created as many different designs and inserts as they could and put them in the packs. If UD only produced 3-5 sets a year, i would definitly build it. Again, Steve from the Sports Card file states that with licensing fees, it is impossible to only produce that many setts. That tells me that the the NBA and the Players Association flat charges too much. That is true with all sports. I realize that the leagues and players are just trying to make as much money as they can, but they are killing their revenue source. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday.

No comments: