About Me

Sunday, February 15, 2009

2007 Upper Deck Masterpieces Baseball Box 4 of 8 - Case Hit

Part of my last order to DA was 5 boxes of 07 Masterpieces. I am taking a stab at finishing the framed set and maybe getting a couple of decent autos.

The Box Topper:
Photobucket
The autos are 1 per case and are quite cool in my opinion. It amazes me that Upper deck cut so much from 07 to 08. For example, no more topper and two less jerseys. In 08 upper deck did add patches, jersey autos and patch autos. A closer look at this auto and something seems wonky:
Photobucket
Andy LeRoche missed the tag. He missed the tag er signing window.

The Base Set: I have talked about the base set before, but I did have to mention:
Photobucket
More Andrew Miller-jo. I'm not sure, but I think I got one of these in each of my 8 boxes.

Parallels:
Photobucket
Photobucket
I'll let you know how close I am to a set as soon as I get them all sorted.
Photobucket
Bucky flippin Dent
Photobucket

The Jerseys:
Photobucket
For all I know, all three grey pieces of jersey could have come from the same player. Anyway, at least you get 3 and, as I have said, its possible to build a set.

The auto:
Photobucket
Actually, he is a solid hitter, nothing too special, but not like some of those 50th round picks that are 45 years old with 27 MLB at bats and hitting .183, that you find in Bowman autos.

No comments: