About Me

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

2008 Topps Mayo Football Box 2 of 2

Box 2 of 2.

Check out my Awesome First Box.

This is actually the first box I opened, even then I was pretty happy with mayo overall. I just like the cards.

The Base Set: Again, collation was fantastic with no doubles what so ever. In fact, I only had 31 doubles from one box to the next. I am going to get 5-10 more boxes over the next 4-5 months and see where I am with completing a set. One comment on the SP's is that it would be nice if the SP's were numbered consecutively instead of scattered throughout the set. Quality control was good too with only a couple minor nicks throughout the box.

The Mini's: I am going back and forth on completing a set of these. I have bought a few lots on ebay but the task seems a bit daunting. I may just buy a retail case to finish it as that seems to be the best way to go about completing the set both full size and mini.

I got two blue Yale:
Photobucket

I got one orange Princeton (it is Princeton right?):
Photobucket

One Red Harvard /25. It would be interesting to see what the print run on the Orange is because they fall one per box like the Harvard do.
Photobucket

The Jerseys, yup no auto:
Grant
Photobucket

Mendenhall:
Photobucket

Again, pretty happy with the box. I would suggest you wait till these hit $40-$50 before buying because you can buy whatever singles you would like and they are cheap compared to boxes. Maybe try retail, based on the case breaks I have seen the hits fall at a rate of 1/2 as often as the hobby, but are just as good for minis and SP's.

No comments: