About Me

Monday, February 16, 2009

Interesting card from box breaks

Wrong backs, blank backs, missing color cards are always interesting to me. Back in the error mania days, people would get these cards and put $1000 on them and call them 1/1's whatever. I am not talking about repeated errors such as the 1988 Topps Keith Comstock wrong color error. I got 1 of those out of packs. I have gotten a blank back 92-93 Ultra Hockey blank back that I can't seem to find and a grey back 1988 Topps Chet Lemon where no color was added to the back. It was the only 88 topps card I got like it. Never know if these are from an entire sheet or single card. I suspect its the entire sheet.

Anyway, I didn't notice till today when i was putting my star cards into sheets that i had got this card:
Photobucket

Its a John Stockton Legendary 13 card out of the 07/08 Fleer Ultra boxes I opened. The Legendary 13 cards are 1 per box. In this box I got 2 of the Stockton cards. I shot the photo like this so you can see the card in relation to the others. Of course I could have put a blank card or a sheet of paper in the pocket to try and fool everyone, but I'm not that big of a douche. In addition, that would be stupid and not funny as it would just make me look like an attention wanting idiot.

Update: Color me embarrassed. Its Larry Herndon, not Chet Lemon
Photobucket

1 comment:

Groat said...

I had something similar happen to me recently as well. I was busting a box of 2008 Topps Chrome Football when out comes a Favre flight to 420 card that's blank. I mean the picture was on it and the design was on the back but it was missing the big number on the front and any information about the TD on the back. I just put it in a top loader and filed it away somewhere.