About Me

Friday, March 20, 2009

2008 Topps Allen & Ginter Box 1 of 12

The First Box

Obligatory Plug For 2009 Topps Finest Group Case break

I had bought 3 packs of this at $7.00 a pack from the shop that stole Christmas. That was 7-8 months ago. These cards are ok, but I am not in love with them like so many are. I paid $669 shipped for the case. Unfortunately for those not buying sealed cases, these like Topps Mayo, are very easy to search. The packs rattle when there is an auto or jersey because the card slides around in the acrylic case. Lame.

The Base Set: Even though the Fukudome is not technically part of the base set, this is what all the cards look like. The Fuku is 1 per case.
Photobucket

I did get a full set with SP's from the case. I might even be able to make two without SP's.

The Minis: Here is a black border mini:
Photobucket
Photobucket

There are billions of parallels for the minis. At one per pack, it is a bit ridiculous. I bitched and moaned about it here. I averaged 2-4 Black Minis per box. Not even close to a set of the regular one because of all the AG backs that I pulled. Good idea, piss poor execution. I didn't pull any Bazooka Backs that are /25.

The hits: Overall I did well with the hits. I got 2-5 per box. This one had 4.
The Jerseys: These are some small pieces and mostly single color. The pieces move around in the card and the card moves around in the acrylic case.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
ManRam-jo
The Auto:
Photobucket
Settle down Dayf and Capn'