About Me

Monday, March 30, 2009

The Odyssey Begins

As I mentioned earlier, I was shorted an auto in two out of my 12 Murad Boxes. I sent the following message to Topps:

I recently purchased and opened a case of 2008-09 Topps Murad Basketball. I understood that each box was guaranteed an auto and a relic card. In 2 out of the twelve boxes I didn't receive an autograph card. In one of the boxes I got a relic card only. In the other I got a relic and a silk parallel. How do I go about receiving my promised autograph cards?

Topps Answered:

Thank you for contacting the Consumer Relations department for Topps.

We are sorry to hear that your recent purchase of a Topps product was missing cards Please note that the policy of the Topps Company regarding the request for missing product items requires that the consumer include the following items with their submission:

1) A letter of explanation
2) A copy of sales receipt
3) All pack wrappers & or mini boxes from the product
4) The UPC code (bar code) from the Main box

This should be sent to:

The Topps Company, Inc.
ATTN: Consumer Relations
401 York Ave.
Duryea, PA 18642
ATTN: Consumer Relations

We will then review your issue and begin taking steps toward rectifying it, please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery. As always, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service team (By phone: 800-489-9149, or by Email:support@etopps.com). A customer service representative will be available to assist you between the hours of 9:00am - 4:30pm (EST), Monday through Friday.
Sincerely,

Consumer Relations
The Topps Company, Inc.

5 comments:

Fuji said...

wow... i hope you saved all of those wrappers. they better send you something special if they expect you to jump through all of those hoops. good luck with that.

stusigpi said...

I did,they were still in the case box. I did have to rescue two boxes for UPC from the recycling this morning before I went to work. I see why they have this requirement though. Any jackass with an internet connection and access to the mail could try to rip Topps off. Where I disagree with Topps policy is on the damaged card replacements.

Captain Canuck said...

send the upc from the case, and ALL of the wrappers.
In fact... send them all the wrappers from all of the topps product you've purchased this year.
Drown the buggers...

stusigpi said...

I still have the cellophane from all the boxes too. Maybe the case back with the boxes with the cellophane back on them with 24 wrappers in each box. Awesome.

GCA said...

I just sent the same thing to Topps for shorted packs in a blaster. They came right back with replacements. I posted it here: http://apackaday.blogspot.com/2009/03/2009-topps-replacement-packs.html
I was actually impressed with the turnaround time. Might be different for you since mine were just base cards...