About Me

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hi, my name is Joe Collector

and I like Redemption Cards

Here is why.

First, Topps and UD have come through for me thus far. Even if it never gets fulfilled, the card wouldn't have been in the pack anyway. If Topps or UD doesn't come through, they will send out a replacement. The down side is that sometimes its way slow and the replacement might suck, but things can be done about that.

Second, and most importantly, nothing pisses me off more than a damaged hit. Whether it is chipping, worn edges, a dinged corner, scratches, what have you. IT PISSES ME OFF. With Redemption cards, they always seem to be mint. The cards are shipped in toploaders or other types of cases that keep the cards nice and safe.

4 comments:

The Mojo Hand said...

Money in the bank. Its good as long as the bank doesn't go under, or the money dont get lost in the mail.

stusigpi said...

The Fleer mess. I guess there is always that.

Groat said...

I don't really like Donruss' redemption interface, but I'll be OK with it once my cards finally get to me. I've also had a couple UD redemptions listed as 'in the process of shipping' for over a week now. Come on UD, just put them in the mail.

Voluntarheel said...

Redemptions are inevitable in today's market. I understand that they have to be there sometimes.

I don't really like them, but it's better than being stiffed a hit.

My beef comes when they fail to communicate to you about the status. Contenders '07 still has 3 redemptions of mine that they never answer my questions about.

It will get better when companies begin to implement the pick-your-replacement policy.