About Me

Sunday, April 12, 2009

M's A's Game

No I wasn't there, and neither was anyone else.

You see, I don't live near a professional sports team so its never a spur of the moment thing for me to decide I am going to a game. The ticket prices kind of make me cringe because there is nothing in my area that costs as much as a game.

In the 70's and 80's there were whole seating sections that were open, thousands of seats with the nearest person in the next area code. Now days the stadiums are full as can be day in a day out.

Is the economy really taking its toll in these areas now? Is there a lack of interest? Or regardless of the first two, are tickets just flat out too expensive?

3 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

I dunno, but the Jays/Indians game in Cleveland had about 3000 people there.
Foul balls for everybody...

night owl said...

I think the combination of the economy, the holiday and the cold weather (in a lot of places anyway) probably put a damper on the attendance at games Sunday.

tastelikedirt said...

Attendance seems to be an on going problem in Oakland. There's a lot of schools of thought as to the reason why.
There's not a sexy new stadium for you to take clients too.
There is no giant coke bottle in centerfield. There's not a bunch of other crap for you to do. In Oakland your stuck with watching a baseball game. Why go for that?