About Me

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

2009 Finest Baseball Impressions

Don't forget the 2007 Upper Deck Sweet Spot Football and Baseball Breaks. I want to have Signups completed by May 20th.

I really enjoyed busting this case because it, well didn't cost me anything. Plus I really like Finest. I have busted chrome and Finest and, to me, there is no contest between the two for me. 2005 - 2008 Finest Football is my favorite product series by far.

That being said, my view of 2009 Baseball is an official meh. The rookie redemptions are nice, but the auto patches are not so much. The autos are skribbles, the patches are a bit cheesy, but not as bad as the non auto 2009 Topps Base patches. The parallels are kept to a minimum so they are not so bad.

The Finest Moments autos are nothing special. I pulled two out of the Group Break case and wasn't all that impressed.

I like the base set and the refractors. Quality control was generally good, and there was a good mix of cards. Personally I would rather have the refractors than the manufactured patches.

The Price is outrageous. $90 a box for 2 manufactured auto patches and 1 redemption. None of these cards seem to be holding their value at all.

My opinion is to wait until these hit less than $60 a master box. If they don't get down to that price, just skip it. The 2003-08 Finest Baseball boxes are still highly priced and I just don't get it. I have to say, Finest Baseball is my least favority of the Finest products.

2 comments:

Groat said...

The problem with the rookie redemptions is that Topps won't have them out the door in a reasonable timeframe. I think they're sending out last year's finest redemptions right now. An entire year later. If they could get them out by the end of the season, they'd be great. As it is though, I think if I had one I'd sell mine before Topps announces the rest of the names.

Slette said...

If you want to dump any of your non-auto/non-refractor, strictly base cards, look me up and I'll see if we can work something out.

epslette AT hotmail DOT com