About Me

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Reflections on the DA/Upper Deck Masterpieces Case Debacle

Having had a day and a half to reflect on the 2008-09 Masterpieces Hockey Case issue, I have come to the conclusion that I am very unhappy with Upper Deck, if they in fact called DA and told them not to go through with the transaction. If other dealers actually called and complained, then they are just little bitches.

DA obviously didn't want to lose money on the transaction, but the question becomes: How many of these cases do they have and, wouldn't they have rather had the $1300? Well minus visa, shipping, and ebay fees.

Anyway, I wonder how many years DA will have cases of this stuff. Even if they were going to lose money on the transaction, was the whole thing worth losing my business? As I said, I had an invoice that I was deciding on that was about $2k, the whole situation make me want to look around. I'm sure Blowout or Big T might like me as a customer.

4 comments:

Pop Startled said...

I've been a Blowout customer mostly because I didn't feel the need to pay the extra dollars for "free" packs.

How much blame do you assign UD vs DA?

stusigpi said...

I have to say that DA has taken care of me and I have gotten quite a few things at really good prices.

I would say 60/40 UD/DA based upon what I know of the situation. DA could have gone through with the transaction but chose not to. UD should have let it go.

FuriousD82 said...

I still say we sue. I'm sure Upper Deck has done this before. Let's get em.

On that note, I'm a DA customer because Blowout only ships to the billing address of credit cards.

What is Big T?

stusigpi said...

Big t sportscards. There is a link on the right side of my blog below my blog roll. Pretty good prices on a lot of stuff.

I don't know if they have done this before but they sure have read about it on my blog.