About Me

Monday, June 1, 2009

June Monthly Baseball Box Busters - Donruss Prime Cuts IV Box Break

The Box arrived today and I couldn't contain myself. Check out the video and pics below. Please comment on what you think of the break, both the quality of the presentation and the cards themselves.



I am a little concerned about the condition of the cards. For this price, the hits should be in toploaders.

Base:
Michel Inoa - Oakland Athletics 1/25
Photobucket
Photobucket
Phil Niekro - Yanks 84/249
Photobucket
Photobucket
Don Sutton - Dodgers 40/249
Photobucket
Photobucket

The Hits:
Don Sutton Century Auto 12/53 - Dodgers
Photobucket
Photobucket
Rolando Gomez Auto 16/249 - LA Angels
Photobucket
Photobucket
Dale Murphy Jersey 33/49 - Braves
This is a piece of a Phils Jersey but the card says Atlanta
Photobucket
Photobucket

THE BIG HIT: Congratulations to Red Bird
Joe Medwick - St Louis - 1/49 Colossal
Photobucket
Photobucket

Heritage will be up later in the week.

12 comments:

thenennthinning said...

i like the new commentary for these box breaks. As for the actual box, thumbs down in terms of hits.

Rod said...

I like the commentary and quality of the video.

arfmax said...

Good video, I enjoyed the humor of your dubbing of your struggles to open the box!

When are you looking for payment for the July one, and are we able to keep our teams from June?

-arfmax

stusigpi said...

I didn't think I would ever get the thing open.

July payment will be requested around June 25th. Your team remains the same. If not paid by July 1 than the team comes open for others.

Dan said...

I liked the video also. It displayed the cards clearly.

I'm just surprised in a product like this with such a high nominal price tag that a rookie auto is included as one of the 'hits'. I thought the draw of the product was the vintage players. Just my initial thought (since I've never seen a Prime Cuts break before)

Captain Canuck said...

alright, maybe it's just me, as I'm a set collector.... but I wouldn't mind if you took a little more time per card, especially when you're not opening a 36 pack box. As the card comes out, show it more... take your time.

other than that, awesome.

RWH said...

i really wasn't expecting an Angel to come out of this box. A very nice surprise.

arfmax said...

When can we expect the Heritage break?

-arfmax

stusigpi said...

Hopefully Saturday.

grant said...

yep condition is horrible! send em all back and lets have a redo ( so I can get a hit )Just kiddin. much better with audio this time although you flew through those cards faster then you did opening the box! : ) sorry could'nt help it! Great job! looking forward to the Heritage ! Grant

Dinged Corners said...

Sorry to be dim, but is this the box we sent $15 for?

stusigpi said...

Hopefully the Heritage boxes will be up tomorrow,if not they will be up Monday. Sorry for the delay.