About Me

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Payment refunded

dtssportscards123123 refunded my money. Super.... but I actually wanted the boxes.

Me wonders if sellers are losing too much money on some of these auctions and they have no choice but to do whatever it takes to get out from under them.

To give you an idea. I got 3 boxes of 2008 UD Rookie Threads for around $135 a piece. DA has them for $210, Blowout has them for $185, BigT has them for $185, so you can see that this guy was taking it in the tailpipe on these boxes.

The thing about rookie threads is that you get quantity over quality on this stuff. SPX is the same way, but there are some, as a collector, nice hits to be had.

The question becomes: What are these boxes really worth? The simple answer is $135 because thats what the auctions went for, but something tells me that a lot of this 2 hit a pack product is going to see 35-40% drops in wax prices. 2009 Topps Finest Baseball certainly has.

3 comments:

Motherscratcher said...

What happens to these sellers? It's bullshit that someone can just refund the money on this.

What's to stop anyone from refunding the money on any product that they wish would have sold at a higher price?

Captain Canuck said...

I would negative feedback this guy to death. It's absolute horseshit that this can and does happen.
I get it occasionally too. the guy will say, "sorry, I have to charge you extra S+H to cover the loss on the auction"... they actually come out and say that!
bastards...

stusigpi said...

Fatheritcher:

I can negative the guy, that's what I did to that little bastard that said "his friend ripped" the All Star Patch /10. Other than that there isn't much I can do. The guy claims that his account was hacked, truth is, I think he had hundreds of auctions that went for way less than he had into them. He would have lost 20k at least.

Capn'

If a seller told me something like that, I might actually take them to small claims court. Here in the states there are things you can do.