About Me

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

August Boxbusters 1 Box Prime Cuts 2 Boxes Allen and Ginter

Don't forget about the 5 2008 Leaf Limited and 1 2008 National Treasures Group Break. Spots are $65, you get to pick a team and the other will be randomed to you. The Ravens and Falcons are to be randomed.

The Bowman's Best Break will be up no later than Saturday. In the Meantime, check out the Wax Pack Relapse BB Break.

Here they are:

Prime Cuts:

The Schlereth goes to the Diamondbacks


Allen and Ginter 1


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Allen and Ginter 2


Photobucket
Randomed to RWH
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

September Monthly Baseball Box Break:
2 or 3 Boxes Icons (depending on price)
2 boxes 2009 Topps Finest

7 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

Eddie Matthews!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stusigpi said...

That is a sweet card indeed. Not sure how they picked the cards that go into the cases. Its so similar to the Maris its ridiculous.

Motherscratcher said...

Yeah, I was wondering why the Maris was in a case and the Matthews wasn't. They look about the same. Both cool cards. That Prime cuts was a pretty decent box.

Do you think it's worth the cost? I've never bought a box of anything high end like that. If you had to guess, how close you you be to getting your money back on that box?

stusigpi said...

The Motherscratcher University:

No, not worth it. The Mathews brought $10 in an auction, the Maris failed to sell for BIN $50 and I saw an auction for $25. I paid $205 for this box, but these boxes have shot up to $300+. Make no mistake that is almost $50 a card. National Treasures is even more. $500+ for 7 cards =$70 a card. Sure you might have one box that you really nail it on, but most of these cards you are going to get killed.

I would stay away from busting high end baseball. Please stick to the ginter and the finest you're used to. Just buy the singles that you really want. You give up the chance to pull a big hit, but unless you get really really lucky or buy it a case at a time, you weren't going to pull one anyway.

darkship said...

So...The bigger question is do I rip the Jacobs or not??

stusigpi said...

You have to rip it. I almost did it without thinking. I can rip it for you on video so everyone can see?? Yeah I didnt think you would go for that.

I watched your National Treasures break. I thought that was a Peterson sitting there, although it could have been the other Vike, Rice who seems to haunt me no matter what I open. I saw the blueish purple color. Is that why you were having trouble talking about the Gene Upshaw auto?

darkship said...

yep, kinda wasn't a big deal even thought Upshaw is one of the greats. I'll video the rip and post it so you guys can see it. I'm going for a 1/1 wood