About Me

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Are you Serious?

Disclaimer: Blah blah blah, yes I want the card, blah blah blah, anyway.

Many of my posts over the next few weeks will be about the 2008 Masterpieces Football patches. I've posted a few times about idiots that have outrageous BIN prices, aptly titled I want to buy it know, but do you want to sell it now?

Today I bring you this auction. $50? really. I have yet to see any of these go for close to that. I did get a Ryan that I paid $33 for.

So here is what I wrote to the guy:

I'll give you $7 plus shipping for the card. I don't mean for this offer to insult you, but frankly these cards don't sell for a whole lot. It is a nice 4 color patch, but to give you an idea of what these sell for I picked up a Matt Ryan 3 color for $32, glen dorsey 2 colors for $6 or so each. Steve Slaton 2 color for $8.

His response:

I appreciate your interest in the card, but I would rather hold on to the card in that case. This card is a four color and has a very desirable numbering, so I would value it more than either of the two you have mentioned. Thanks,

Are you serious? It's Devin Hester, not Joe Flacco, Favre, or Ryan. It's not even four color. It's white orange and that dark blue/black bears color. Yes its numbered 50/50. Does this really matter to anyone? I am aware that there are those collectors that try to get the first, last, and jersey number of the player. Those are usually player super collectors. Sounds like he is and "ebay 1/1" guy.

I suppose when you are player supercollector you have to pay whatever price you have to to get the card, but how much can this card possibly be worth?

No comments: