About Me

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Adventures in Ebay Buying

Ironic or coincidental? I'm going to go with irony.

I have had a nasty cold the last few days and today is by far the middle of the worst. Anyway, I was getting ready to watch the Cards get mauled by the Saints when the doorbell rang. It was the mail lady.

She says: I'm not sure what you want me to do with this

I ask: What's that?

She says: I have this envelope that is postage due. You see they sent this in an envelope that is not thick enough for delivery confirmation and the only way for me to give it to you is if you pay the $3.69 postage due, the difference between what they paid and priority mail.

I said: Send it back.

The irony is that they thought they were saving money by sending it in a PLAIN WHITE ENVELOPE and its going to cost them more than if they would have just sent it in bubble mailer.

7 comments:

the sewingmachineguy said...

That reminds me. Did you get that Brock?

stusigpi said...

I did.

Thorzul said...

I think you definitely made the right decision. The next question is, how do you take it from there?

Right now, your objective is to let the seller know, in as subtle a manner a possible, what a piece of shit he is. You need to send him polite messages that inquire as to the status of the card(s), but in a way that will make him feel horrible for his shipping choices. I say the goal is to get him to apologize no fewer than three times. Are you up to it?

stusigpi said...

I don't know which seller it was. Even more irony is that the delivery confirmation was to make sure it was delivered and it actually kept the card from being delivered.

Roy said...

hahahahawesome.

PatsCards said...

Yet another reason why sellers should stop trying to make money off of shipping. They need to actually make the effort to ship the cards the RIGHT way.

I hope that wasn't something you were looking forward to getting though, for your sake.

stusigpi said...

I'm sure it was. I only buy things, at least these days, that I want to build a set or something like that. I have cut down my crap ebay purchases quite a bit.