About Me

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Do people do this

Comment I found on the UD Message Board:

Aloha everyone. Dude sorry that you are disappointed, But i haven't seen any Youtube videos as of yet of these '09 UD Black cards yet. But remember, There are some people out there(And i am not insinuating that this guy is doing so) that open boxes before they are recorded and they take out the big hits and reseal the wrapper then put it back in the box and then record the video, I have heard some stories about this things happening. I heard about this one where this guy who was doing a live case break and when he was busting the packs and he had pulled a big hit and little boy's(assuming his son) voice could be heard saying oh we missed that one when we were looking through them earlier. So that is why Group Breaks are iffy because of those facts that were previously stated. I have been waiting for the '09 UD Black to come out and i just love the looks of the cards, So i guess the only way to find out is to break some myself. Have a good one, Mahalo & GOD bless.


Do people really do this?

6 comments:

beardy said...

The REAL question is...

Do YOU do this?

Where are all my Orioles hits, Jeff?

:)

The Wax Wombat said...

I've been aware of some shady Youtube breaks. Never belonged to one. I've been lucky with the ones I've belonged to. I trust them completely.

Voluntarheel said...

Never heard of this, but I please tell me you heard of Melbourne Cowboys on youtube. That guy was just stealing cards from live breaks.

Do yourself a favor and search that name in youtube. Great comedy.

stusigpi said...

Beardy, coincidently your Orioles auto is in the mail.

I am aware of the melbourne cowboy incident. Awesome. Thats why I kick myself everytime I move a pack out of the view of my camera when I am doing a video break. It never happens on high end stuff, usually on a t-206 type box but it still bugs me.

I just couldn't imagine taking the time to open all the packs and reseal them. The cards just aren't worth enough to do that even with Exquisite. Shoot, if you pulled a Lebron Logo man or something just refund everyones money if you want to sink that damn low. They are just cards.

stusigpi said...

Wombat

Email me some of the breaks that you are refering to. jldoveror@yahoo.com

Groat said...

Most of the case breaks I've seen show the sealed case with manufacturer's tape on it and each of the boxes are shrink wrapped with labelled wrap. I'm sure it could be done, but I guess that's why you don't do breaks with just anybody.