About Me

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Oh Kevin Boy, your patch your patch was calling

I need Ocho, Shockey and Bush


Oh Kevin boy, the patch, the patches are calling
From bid to bid, and down the want list
The season's gone, and all the products are dying
'Tis you, 'tis you must go and I must buy.
But come ye back when seasons's in the middle
Or when the field's full and white with snow
'Tis I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow
Oh Kevin boy, oh Kevin boy, I needed your patch so.

And if you come, when all the buyers are buying
And I am busy, and unable to bid as I may be
You'll come and find the place where my sniper program is lying
And it will do all the bidding for me.

And I shall win you, tho' soft you thread above me
And all my dreams will warm and sweeter be
If you'll not fail to make it to me
My set will closer be.

O'Connell has joined the ranks. In the auction title, the seller assures me that the patch is in fact "sick", but we will wait and see. This is the first one of these that I have seen available and my fellow set collector wannabe bid the thing up way too high. No Soup For You!

3 comments:

Alex said...

Now that seller is a douche - not just because he referred to the card as "sick" (has he taken it to see the doctor?) but becuase he had to put sick in capital letters.

stusigpi said...

Just so you know, my campaign against the use of the term "sick" has been long and sustained.

Still ticks me off that the card went for that much.

Alex said...

Good to hear - about your campain against the term "sick" that is.

And yes, $22.50 for an O'Connell patch is a lot. Heck, I'm sure you could find autographed O'Connell patches for less than that.