About Me

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Group Break requests and notes

It's the Base cards Marty, I have to talk to you about the Base cards.

Base cards are the enemy of the group break host. Sorting packing and shipping them is quite a chore. The more you have, the more time it takes. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.

One of the breaks I have open is UD Ultimate Football. I have had a few requests to either convert it to SP Authentic or open up a new 2008 SP Authentic group break. I might do so but the ultimate is much easier for me to do given the number of base cards involved with each. Plus I think Ultimate is a better product but I do see the appeal of Sp Authentic and why people think its better. The SP authentic rookie patches are much more popular than Ultimate, and the patches are better. I like Ultimate because of fewer base cards and, in my opinion the checklist is better

I might be more interested in doing an SP authentic group break if everyone was ok with receiving a team set, all the hits, and all the SP's. I would donate any extra base cards like Gellman does with the ones that people don't want. Thoughts?

2 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

I'm a set collector, so you know where I stand... the more base cards the better.

forget sorting them all, just send 'em to me...

Chris S said...

If you do another break Jeff, don't even worry about sending me the base. I do like the SPs however. This should make it much easier. Not that I am a "hits" only guy, but SPA base cards are pretty bland.