About Me

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Group Break Vintage Style?

I was thinking, I said to my Joe collectoring self, I says "Joe, what about doing a group break of say 82 topps?" Then I says to myself, I says "Joe, what about doing a team based group break of say 77 topps?"

1 box maybe 2 maybe 3, random teams or first come first serve teams and the teams would be ranked. For example, if we did 82 topps the Orioles would pay more than say the Tigers.

Thoughts? I could change the monthly box breaks to add a vintage box to the mix. COuld you imaging 2 boxes ultimate, 2 boxes 2010 Topps and 1 box 83 topps? Then we wouldn't rank the teams other than what we do already and any teams not represented in the vintage break would get discounts, ie marlins, rockies.

4 comments:

Roy said...

I like the idea.

The Wax Wombat said...

I also like this idea!

Dan said...

I like it too. Suggestions (I don't know the cost for vintage boxes) 1983 Topps/Donruss/Fleer, 1984 Donruss, 1985 Topps/Donruss, 1978 Topps, 1980 Topps, 1975 Topps, 1992 Bowman (too expensive?), one of the 2001 boxes that has an Ichiro or Pujols rookie....the possibilities are endless and would make for some nice variety.

RoofGod said...

I like the idea for a stand alone vintage break. I'm not nuts about adding vintage to the monthly breaks unless it can be added for a small amount more ($2 or $3) my reasoning is if you look at the contents of mst vintage sets there are only a few cards that really add value for the participants. Using the 82 Topps example for me to get all of the Tigers in the break otherwise I could go on ebay and purchase them for a small amount of money while whoever has the Orioles could potentially hit the jackpot and get a Ripken. Good deal for them not so much for me. Just my thoughts.