About Me

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Shockey Development

See what I did there? Anyway, while not as impressive as Matt's completion of the 77 Topps Football Mexican set, I can tell you that I am looking forward to completing the 2008 masterpieces football patch set. I was down to 3, Shockey, Ocho Cinco and Bush. I have seen 1 Bush and 1 shockey and not a single Ocho.

When you are on a Mission from the card gods sometimes you have to venture into West Quahog and do some things you are not proud of. Mine was venturing over to the Beckett Marketplace and purchase a Jeremy Shockey Patch Card for my set. Set building mania knows no loyalty however, thus, I did it. I admit it, forgive me for my sins.

Meanwhile, there is another patch set collector out there. He is paying ridiculous prices for common patches and at last count is yet to be half way there.

1 comment:

Motherscratcher said...

Sometimes the ends justify the means my friend. And this seems to be one of those times.

BTW - I'm very impressed by the number of movies references that you were able to cram into that little post. Well done.