About Me

Saturday, February 27, 2010

So, I'm watching the Cubs v Pirates 1991

I learned that Ryne Sandberg and Larry Bowa were traded to the Cubs for Ivan Dejesus.

I really miss Harry Carey even though its been 12 years or so. The uniforms were better then, the oversized jerseys and yoga pants they wear now are ridiculous. Maybe they need that to cover up the roid use? BTW if you don't thing they are using HGH these days, you are blind, stupid, or both. Don't be that guy.

Barry Bonds is laughably smaller in 1991. Frankly it looks like some of the players had started to bulk up especially the foreign players.

Andre Dawson and Ryno were still thin though. Its a day game and there are 7 people watching at 3 rivers. BTW the hawk hit 2 grand slams in the series. Cubs lost both games. This was his 13 or 14th season.

1 comment:

Carl Crawford Cards said...

I know: no way I'd trade DeJesus straight up for Sandberg.