About Me

Monday, March 29, 2010

False advertising not at its finest.

Check out this auction.

In the auction the guy states:
This auction is for an RYAN HOWARD 2008 UPPER DECK MASTERPIECES BASEBALL RED-FRAMED SP #71!!!! CARD IS NOT SERIAL NUMBERED, HOWEVER THEY APPEAR SLIGHTLY LESS THAN THE GREEN BORDERED SP'S NUMBERED TO /75, SO IT WOULD BE SAFE TO SAY THESE HAVE A PRINT LOT OF /100!!! CARD IS IN MINT CONDITION!!!

I wrote to him:
These appear 1 per box and are not as rare as the brown /100. The browns are 5 per case, the blue /125 are about 7 per case. These are not even close to as rare as the greens /75.

Of course I know nothing of Masterpieces Baseball.

2 comments:

Motherscratcher said...

He changed it, it now has an assumed print lot of /150, which is closer, I guess.

To tell you the truth I wasn't really interested in the card until I saw all of those exclamation points. I mean, it must be a really special card to warrent 10 of those, right?

The Wax Wombat said...

I'm sold. He's just so excited, it has to be solid gold.