About Me

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

An interesting find

I can't recall whether I posted these before, but a few months back I got an email regarding some "press plates" for Topps card. The emailer asked me what they were worth. The person said that they belonged to a relative. Some of these are print tests, some are defective sheets. The Mcgwire reprints look scratched, the gold label cards were printed with the football names on the baseball cards are vice versa. The logos are printed twice. With the technology that goes into printing these cards, it is much cheaper to test over and over again on the same sheet.

Not sure what she did with the sheets and offered to help if she wanted to sell them but never heard back from her. I told her that some people like collecting oddball stuff like this, especially the sheet of McGwires.




















3 comments:

AdamE said...

That is really cool.

The Wax Wombat said...

Whoa, those are bizarre. I love bizarre stuff.

grant said...

very cool I'm going out on a limb! an employee at topps somehow got these. Grant