About Me

Monday, April 19, 2010

The Victory Lap - TTM expert help needed

So as I coast to victory on the Masterpieces Football Patch set, a couple of very perverted thoughts have entered my mind. One is just for me, the other is for everyone else and well me.

I am going back and forth on trying to get the entire 60 card set autographed through the mail with a couple of exceptions. The Favre, Brady, and maybe a couple of others I would pay to have done at show because I want to be sure of 1. authenticity, 2. I want to be sure I would get the card back.

So my question is this. Has anyone done TTM on the likes of Chad Ocho Cinco, Matt Ryan, Chris Johnson, Demarcus Ware, etc? Anyone have pointers on hos to do this rights, SASE, Including the correct pen, toploader, etc?

4 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

I've done a lot of hockey, not NFL, but I imagine it's the same.

#1, no toploader... the postal machines do not like top loaders, also, some athletes have been known to sign the top loader, not the card.
#2 a lot of athletes, Mike mussina for one, keep all the cool cards they are sent and substitute something else back. I don't think you'd like that.

stusigpi said...

I'd hate to have to file a theft complaint against Early Doucet.

So what is the best way to pack the card?

Rod said...

i use a bubble mailer, include a pen and return envelope and pray a lot. USPS likes to damage cards. Put an index card or something in the return envelope to stiffen it and tell the player to keep the pen.

Groat said...

First off, I'd like to say that NFL players aren't good at returning TTMs compared to other sports. Hockey and Baseball players come through with consistency, but with Football it's much more hit or miss.

That being said, I usually put the card in between two index cards in a PWE with a SASE in there as well. They don't come back in mint condition, but they're plenty good enough for me.