About Me

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Joy of a Complete Set - 2008 Masterpieces Baseball Red Parallel Set

Man, I started this set a long time ago.  Basically I spent a year and a half on this thing and it finally came down to the Evan Longoria.  It arrived yesterday.

To put this set into a bit of perspective.  120 cards per set.  These fall 1 per box.  16 boxes per case.  If you didn't get 1 double, it would take just under 7 cases to complete the set.  The Masterpieces Football Patch set I put together is 60 cards.  2 per case.  30 cases to complete the set without getting a double. 

Somehow this set was more difficult.  Just a bunch more cards to get.  As far as the number of sets.  These cards are not numbered.  You get roughly 7 blue /125, 5 brown /100 and 2 green /75 in a case and as I said 16 of these per case.  Which puts these at approximately 285 sets.  Maybe a few more, maybe a few less.  I'm not sure how ofte these are pulled out of retail in relation to the other parallels to see if those ratios hold.

Anyway

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

9 comments:

Fuji said...

Congratulations... this is truly a beautiful set!

Captain Canuck said...

nicely done dude.

Cameron said...

That's awesome, i'm sure it set you back a little bit too. Congrats!

skoormit said...

epic.

thanks for posting that. really makes my day to see someone hit a long-term goal like that.

what was the average cost per card, factoring in s/h?

Nick said...

It must be a great feeling to see your persistance pay off like that.

stusigpi said...

As far as how much I have in it, that's a tough question. Lots were going for less than a dollar a card shipped.

This is where it gets messy, many of the cards I pulled but Ripken #92 cost me $5 while I have seen them go as high as $12 and then Longoria cost me $12 to finish the set. There were imes where I got them for less than .50 a card.
The best I can do to answer your question is to tell you that it cost me about $250-$300 to put the set together.

BTW I have about 200 doubles.

Play at the Plate said...

Those look really nice all together! Congrats.

the sewingmachineguy said...

Kick ass set. Way to stick to it. I miss UD.

The Diamond King said...

Wow. What do you want for the doubles?