About Me

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Topps Jumbo Case Damaged Card Saga Continues

Some of you will recall that a couple weeks ago I was told by Topps to package up my UPC's and receipts and send them to Duryea.  Well I did that.  I then received a letter with replacement T-206 mini cards that told me that a supervisor would be in contact me.

Well a week past and nothing so I contacted Topps by Twitter and then by email.  It was like a brand new day in that no one knew what I seemd to be talking about.  Well Mike from the home office gave me a call today and told me that I need mail all the cards back to Topps.  This is a change from what I was originally told.  If you have ever seen 3 cases be busted you can imagine what this entailed.  Let me break it down for you: 50 cards per pack, 10 packs per box, 6 boxes per case, 3 cases = 50*10*6*3 = 9000 cards.

That is four deep and 3 wide.  All the blacks, golds, autos, jerseys, gridiron giveaway, rookie reprints and on and on.  It weighed just over 40 lbs and cost $45 to send.  Mike said that he isnt sure if he is going to be able to replace the 3 cases and I told him that I have $1500 in these cases.  I checked the cards again just to make sure I wasn't smokin crack and yes, the corners are awful. 

Bottom line is I get sent a box of jumbo I am going to be pissed off.  I have concluded, partially because I have now sunk an extra $45 to mail this that they owe me.  Thoughts?

4 comments:

the sewingmachineguy said...

Really? "Send them in"? Lame ass.

Captain Canuck said...

one thing is for sure, if they weren't bent before, they will be by the time they get there.

that's a lot for them to ask without guaranteeing any result back...

stusigpi said...

That's what I told him. I told him I would ship them in a monster box and that they would most likely get damaged more and I didn't want the condition they arrived in to misrepresent their condition when I opened them, but he said it was ok.

It was a damn lot for them to ask. They better come through.

Offy said...

I could understand if they didn't have any more jumbo cases available, but what if they were to offer something like a case or two of factory sets along with a card by card replacement for all of the hits?