About Me

Friday, November 19, 2010

2010-11 Panini Rookies and Stars Basketball - Sponsored by Panini


Got home from teaching Wednesday night and sure enough a box from Panini.  Opened it up and a box of 2010-11 Rookies and Stars Basketball and 2010 Certified Football were staring back at me.  Awesome.

24 packs, 5 cards One auto patch and 3 additional autos or jersey cards.

Base cards: These are ok, as I have said before, the quality seems higher this year than the past few years.  Good colaltion, no damage that I could see.
Photobucket

Inserts, rookies and numbered parallels.  Panini is well knows for their numbered parallels.  As I have said, I can take or leave the parallels but I do like the numbered rookies:
Photobucket

Jerseys:
Pau's brother /99 with a string
Photobucket
Derrick Rose /50
Photobucket
Auto patch thing
Photobucket

and the Wilkens auto
Photobucket

Ok, here is the thing.  I could not have been happier to pull the Wilkens auto BUT BUT...I hate these auto patch cards.  I don't like the sig on the fabric, they just don't look good to me.  Just sign the card.  In all fairness to Panini you know exactly what you are going to get in these products but I just don't like them.  I basically feel like these cards are a waste of a good auto.

Prices for Rookies and Stars runs about $80 a box but I think you will see these for $60 shortly.

Two out of 5 joes recommend this product.  One or two more would of if the second auto would have been a regular card rather than a signed fabric thing.


No comments: