About Me

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

When it rains, it pours

Everyone remembers my infamous Early Doucet III Masterpieces football case. I theorized that it was possible that there were more cases like it out there and my suspicions are correct. Plus check out this link.

First, I found an ebay lot of 7 Dexter Jackson Red /199 parallels. Second, a few weeks ago a guy pulled Paul Hornung /50 /75 's out of a couple boxes along with some Peyton Manning Reds /199. Third, a different person listed a few Mannings and Hornungs in lots that were /50. I happen to know these boxes came from DA Cardworld.

Additionally, with the amount of buying I have done, some cards seem to be in impossibly short supply both patch, auto and parallel although I have no confirmation of multiple same player autos or patches coming out of cases.

I have finally completed my search for the Brown set /99 and the final 2 cards were Jamaal Charles and Franco Harris. Anyway, a few weeks ago some jackhole listed, and it still is, a Jamaal Charles /99 for 9.99. I offered him $5 or so for it and he declined.

Two weeks ago, long time reader Shane contacted me and said he had the mythical Jamaal Charles brown, and sure enough a few days ago the card arrived/ I can't tell you how much I appreciate him doing that.

Then, last week a mess of Charles brown /99 were listed. no less than 7 of them. Well today the auctions finally ended and I came away with 6 of them serial numbered 7, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15 /99 with number 16/99 listed in BIN by another seller. Although I can't confirm, I do believe these came from DA Cardworld because DA had a Black Friday sale on them and had them on sale in the last two weeks. No where is that Joe Montana Blue /150?

No comments: