About Me

Thursday, February 17, 2011

After being shafted in a trade by a fellow blogger, set complete

Back in October, I made a trade with a blogger to get the last card for my murad mini set. Interestingly enough I had tried to buy this card from sportlots and was sent the wrong one. After that I found a blogger that had this card. The trade was for damn near half the regular murad set for this card. So I diligently pulled the wantlist and mailed it out right away. After two reminders I decided to just buy the damn thing. BTW, it's been 5 months. In the bloggers defense I forgot to send Slette some cards but once he reminded me I sent him some stuff. I've also been shafted by another blogger this month, but I will not name him here. Here it is:

Photobucket

2008-09 Murad Mini Set....Complete....Finally.

9 comments:

The Big Kahuna said...

Not fun at all getting the shaft. I usually Hunt'em down and break their legs!!! I know things happen but when it starts to involve aliens and getting probed by martians then I usually pay them an unannounced unexpected visit at their front door. The look on their face is priceless!

In something completely unrelated to this article...did you get my email with my address that i sent you? I never heard back from you!

stusigpi said...

I mailed the card out on Sunday.

J

the sewingmachineguy said...

Curious...

dayf said...

Go ahead and call me out, I don't mind. The Joe Alexander mini I had is the wrong one anyway. I've been trying to find something else you need but I'm not having any luck.

I'm just going to send back the whole set since I don't know which ones you sent. I got a bunch of them from Chris Harris so it's not like I built the thing myself.

beardy said...

I'm going to drop your card in the mail soon, hopefully today or tomorrow. Yours haven't gotten here yet though, so I don't feel too bad yet.

Gotta take my lazy ass to the store and pick up some bubble mailers.

AdamE said...

Getting shafted sucks. I got shafted by two bloggers over the last 2 years. I gave both of them a 2nd chance and sent them a 2nd package (not with much in it) and got shafted again by both of them. But I have to say I have had WAY more good experiences trading with bloggers than bad ones.

stusigpi said...

Dude, keep the set.

stusigpi said...

Beardy,

checked the tracking, should be delivered today.

Offy said...

I'm slowly chipping away at the Murad mini set myself. I keep forgetting about it until I see one of the other two bloggers I know who are working on it post an update.

Speaking of sets that you're putting together, I just ordered a case of 07 Masterpieces. If you pull any cool Piazza or Red Sox cards that you don't need out of your cases and I get some parallels that you need, maybe we can strike up a deal.