About Me

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

2010 Panini Contenders Basketball - Sponsored by Panini


In my box that carried the Contenders Football was also a box of Contenders Basketball.  These run $100 a box or so. 

Base Cards are much like the Football.  One thing Panini did well was to get traded players in their new uniforms.

Inserts Galore:
These are flashback draft inserts.  My man Kobe on the right drafted by Charlotte......what could have been.  The card on the left is a parallel.  Not sure the clipping the corners off is helpful.
Photobucket
Panini got a little wild  with the die cutter again.
Photobucket
These are the base parallels.  Actually they are decent cards.
Photobucket
Blake
Photobucket
The box has 4 autos per box: Eh where do I start?
Ok, in the concept stage I had my reservations about them as I hate manufactured patches especially those where the fabric is autod.  I was wrong thinking these would be $80 on release.  These have trapped autos that are nice and much better than a sticker...but as you can see on the right, the auto isn't centered top to bottom well and the logos are a bit wonky.
Photobucket
Interestingly enough, the two cards below are of the same player, well one is a redemption.  The card on the right is 193 and the card on the left is obviously 143.  I tried to redeem the card on the left but the Panini site is telling me the code isn't valid.  Anyway, the difference is that the one is an sp and has a different logo on it. Check out the Panini Gallery Here.
Photobucket

Not a bad break overall and the auto patches would be a cool set to put together.  Condition and collation was good.  I'm a little bitter that my redemption didn't work and the redemption period is not nearly long enough.  18 months doesn't get it done.  This product gets 3 out of 5 joes.

1 comment:

TJ said...

Hmm. I don't know about those patches. At least you got Blazer autos.