About Me

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Constant vigilance

Yeah yeah yeah, you have all heard it by now.  I go hard after my masterpieces sets.  I've screwed up and missed out on a few cards, but not many.  While at the Portland airport to pick up the wife I thought I would check out Check out my Cards.  I can't tell you how many times I check COMC per day, let's just say it's a lot.  I come up empty most of the time, but not today.  Today I found this:
Walter Metallic /50.  In fact, there were two of them for $10 each.  There are a lot of Walter fans out there.  He is much like Griffey, Ripken, Mattingly, Montana, Manning etc, his cards are always popular and always sell well.  His /34 silver Parallel went for $60 last time it was on ebay.  I picked one up as part of a lot for much less.  Anyway I jumped all over them just as the wife was getting her bags and I was in line in the car to get her.  I was able to put both in my shopping cart, hit the pay by Paypal, enter my password and click pay.  It was quite an achievement. 



1 comment:

sportscardblog.net said...

At least the annoying Port of Portland police weren't yelling at you to move along while trying to buy your much needed card!