About Me

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Well that cost me $10 more than it should have.

Some time ago I wasn't sure how much certain cards would go for or how much I wanted to pay for that matter.  In addition I wasn't actively collecting this set. Let's back up a minute.

As you all know I employ every tactic known to man to try and complete my Masterpieces parallel sets.  Case busting, message board trolling, internet searches, word of mouth, harassing card show goers, etc.  When COMC came on the scene I was exactly sold on it nor did I know that you could fund an account, buy cards, and then wait to ship them.  As such every purchase I made was an immediate ship so I tried to wait until a lot of cards were listed that I wanted.

At one point I was not actively collecting the Masterpieces Football Burgundy Set  /25.  What kind of a fool would try to put that set together? Anyway, before I started collecting the set, I noticed there was a John Elway Burgundy /25 available for $15 or so.  I waited as there weren't any other cards I was concerned with acquiring on the site.  One day I noticed that the card had been sold.  I was a little bummed but no big deal.  Once I started collecting the Burgundy set, missing out on that card stuck with me. 

Well today during one of the free listing days on Ebay Elway Burgundy showed up again for $25 plus shipping.  Of course I had to hit the BIN.


<---corner may be soft
I had to pick it up.  You never know when/if you are going to get a chance.  Plus rare set collecting has no patience.  Of course after missing out on Tom Brady #83 Burgundy and then hitting the BIN for $35 on another one.  A third one shows up on Sunday for a BIN of $30 plus shipping.  Ugh.  So it goes.

Little help?

I'm 71/86.

Little Help?

Light Blue /50 need 4
2 - Adrian Peterson
79 - Scott Norwood
83 - Tom Brady
86 - Vince Lombardi

Green Metallic /50 need 3
10 - Brett Favre
78 - Jack Lambert
81 - Terrell Owens

Burgundy /25 16
5 - Barry Sanders
10 - Brett Favre
13 - Champ Bailey
15 - Dan Marino
19 - Desmond Howard
31 - Eli Manning
35 - Frank Reich
37 - Gale Sayers
39 - Herm Edwards
44 - Jim Thorpe
46 - Joe Montana
51 - Jordy Nelson
67 - Paul Hornung
73 - Lester Hayes
82 - Terry Bradshaw

No comments: