About Me

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Update on the Frank Thomas "Fake" Patch

BTW, I hate the new Blogger interface.

Recall if you will a post about a Frank Thomas Patch here. Apparently I need to eat a little crow, but my analysis was correct. It's possible to analyze something correctly but end up with the incorrect result.

I received an email:

Joe Collector,


You've bought a number of items on ebay from me in the past (I'm pokeyr22).....I appreciate that. Occassionally I check out your blog, because I'm rooting for you to complete the parallel sets and your blog is well written and entertaining. I just got caught up on the last several months of posts and noticed a card that you spotted as a possible fake - the Frank Thomas Patch/Auto. Well, I can solve the mystery. I pulled that card from a pack when I busted three cases of Masterpieces back when they were $350 a case on blowoutcards.com. I have attached the photo. I just figured that your devotion to the Masterpieces collection deserved the answer to the mystery. It turns out the card is legit - UD must have replaced a ruined patch card with this one, which is why the "PATCH" watermark is missing. I pulled it from a pack and sold it to the guy that was re-selling it.

I have also attached an image of the Evan Longoria Blue /50 that I sold after BGS graded it a 10. Some uber-Longoria collector bought it from me and didn't even care about the BGS grade. I figure the image can be a place-holder for that card until you obtain the real one.

Love your blog. Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

JP

This guy's word is good enough for me.

1 comment:

Captain Canuck said...

that's one of the good things about the internet.


oh, and hi jeff.