About Me

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Well It's finally done

Yesterday while wasting time in the Burbank airport for a same day flight to and from LA I received an email from friend of Joe Collectors everywhere JP.  JP informed me that he had pulled the Robin Yount Blue /50 from some boxes at blowout that were purchased during black friday.  I about came out of my shoes.  The battery on my phone was dying so I started to look for a plug in.  Long story (coming) short we worked out a deal and Yount is on his way.  I will be doing full scans of the set when everything is in order.  I cannot tell you how excited I am for this.  It's silly really but yes I am excited.


I have a case of Masterpieces retail on the way that I got from Blowout....let's hope Chavez is hiding in there.

2008 Masterpieces Green 75
67 Eric Chavez

2008 Football
Light Blue /50 need 3
2 - Adrian Peterson
79 - Scott Norwood
83 - Tom Brady

Green Metallic /50 need 2
78 - Jack Lambert
81 - Terrell Owens

Burgundy /25 11
5 - Barry Sanders
13 - Champ Bailey
15 - Dan Marino
19 - Desmond Howard
31 - Eli Manning
37 - Gale Sayers
39 - Herm Edwards
46 - Joe Montana
51 - Jordy Nelson
67 - Paul Hornung
73 - Lester Hayes

2007 Baseball
Rusted /50 2
4 - Bill Mazaroski
10 - Cal Ripken

6 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

congrats Jeff.

Play at the Plate said...

Epic journey. Good luck on that Chavez!

SpastikMooss said...

Read this on Blowout, congratulations dude!

Thorzul said...

Great work, and obviously a stellar final card in your set.

pulpephemera.wordpress.com said...

I'm not the biggest collector of contemporary cards, but I must say that is one handsome Robin Yount card.

stusigpi said...

The Yount is especially nice. That's why I can't buy packs of base topps et all, these cards are just much nicer.